Southern Oregon offers year round adventures for the whole family. From ziplining, endless trails, fruit picking, hands-on kids museum, to gnome door searching in downtown Ashland and outdoor music concerts for the young and young at heart.
- Eight Friendly Kid Hikes in Southern Oregon
- Explore Your Guide to Family Friendly Southern Oregon Adventures
- The Gnome Door Treasure Hunt – Pick up Ashlandia Map at the Tree House Bookstore located on the Plaza in downtown Ashland and go on a scavenger hunt of these adorable, ornate gnome doors to the secret world.
- Ice Skating Rink in Ashland – Experience the winter magic of Ashland. Situated in Lithia Park, the partly enclosed ice rink is perfect for all ages and ability levels. Bring your own skates or rentals available. Ice rink opens in mid-November through the winter months.
- ScienceWorks Hands-On Museum – This hands-on discovery museum is fun for the entire family. The exhibits change monthly and offer easy access to the world of science.
- Splash Pads at Ashland’s Garfield Park – Offer great summer water fun for kids plus large playground and numerous facilities for adults including a basketball court, beach volleyball court, and shaded picnic area.
- The Grizzly Peak Loop Trail – Offers easy accessibility and family-friendly hike. Enjoy meadows with wildflowers and breathtaking views of the valley at the top.
- Emigrant Lake Paddle Boarding, Kayaking, Swimming, and Water Slides – Located just 5 miles from our hotel, Emigrant Lake is the perfect family spot for water recreation. Paddle board around the lake, enjoy a light swim, or go down two 280-foot waters slides (slides go into a pool).
- Britt Music & Arts Festival – Pacific Northwest’s premiere outdoor summer performing arts festival. Located in the historic Jacksonville, Britt presents dozens of summer concerts, featuring world-class artists in jazz, folk, country, pop, dance, and classical music. The Britt Festivals Gardens and Amphitheater is located in Jacksonville, 20 miles outside of Ashland.
- Crater Lake National Park – While in Southern Oregon, be sure to explore one of the 7 Wonders of our State. Enjoy scenic miles from our hotel along The Rogue Umpqua Scenic Byway – known as the “highway of waterfalls” to Crater Lake.
- Pacific Crest Trail – Experience the beauty of Southern Oregon on this epic, nationally-renowned hike.
- Mountain Biking – Rent bikes from Ashland Mountain Adventure and enjoy their shuttle service to the top of Mount Ashland. Hit local trails and ride back into Ashland.